Kindness Club Project: Mindful Breathing Stick
Here’s How To Make A Mindful Breathing Stick:
Having a mindful breathing stick is super helpful when you want to feel calm, peaceful, and relaxed. When you take a deep breath in and out, you are giving yourself a wonderful gift! When you practice mindful breathing, it will help during times when you feel overwhelmed, upset, or frustrated. You can make a mindful breathing stick for yourself, your family, and friends!
- pipe cleaner
- 8 beads
How to make a mindful breathing stick:
- Step 1: Bend your pipe cleaner at the end so your beads don’t fall off.
- Step 2: String 6-8 beads on your pipe cleaner and bend the other side when you are done.
- Step 3: Gently slide one bead to the opposite end of the stick as you inhale slowly and then exhale.
- Step 4: Repeat moving the beads and taking deep breaths until you have moved all of the beads from one end
to the other.
- Step 5: Repeat until you feel calm and relaxed.
Adrien Murphy loves teaching 2nd grade at WISH Charter Community School! Mrs. Murphy earned her BA degree and teaching credential from California State University Northridge. She decided to become a teacher because watching her mom teach inspired her to want to make a difference and help kids believe in themselves. She adores teaching kindness and mindfulness in her classroom and social skills during her after school Kindness Club. Her dream is to inspire kindness in the world and to help schools and communities start Kindness Clubs.
Check out some other fun Kindness Projects: