Online Learning Tools & Resources for Kids
Kids are home, so we created a list of online learning tools & resources. Many of the resources below are offering free &/or discounted options during the Coronavirus Outbreak when many are home.
Also, be sure to check out our list of Simple Kids Activities to do and home for more creative ideas to entertain your kids.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links
- ABC Mouse has a 30 day free subscription – ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy is a subscription-based digital education program for children ages 2–8, created by Age of Learning, Inc. Subscribers can access learning activities on the ABCmouse.com website or mobile app.
- Adventure Academy™– It’s the first-of-its-kind educational massively multiplayer online game (MMO), serves elementary- and middle-school-aged children with thousands of learning activities in a fun and safe virtual world.
- ReadingIQ® (First month free) is a digital library and literacy platform for children 12 and under designed by reading experts to improve literacy skills, with many thousands of expert-curated books from leading publishers.
- Osmo – Real Play, Real Learning. Use tangible pieces to create a unique, hands-on learning experience. (Must purchase Osmo base and accessories)
- Reading Eggs – Makes learning to read interesting and engaging for kids, with great online reading games and activities.
- BrainPOP – BrainPop is a group of educational websites with over 1,000 short animated movies for students in grades K-12, together with quizzes and related materials, covering the subjects of science, social studies, English, math, engineering and technology, health, and arts and music. Offering free access to school closures.
- BrainPop Jr – BrainPOP Jr. is designed to cultivate critical thinking skills and encourage children to ask questions and make connections. The app is easily navigable by kids ages 5-9. Offering free access to school closures.
- Outschool – Live Online Classes for Ages 3-18 Spark your child’s curiosity with access to 10,000 small group video chat classes—created and taught by inspiring teachers. Start learning for as low as $5/class.
- Kahn Academy – A nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Education.com – Unlimited access to an expanding library of resources that cover 800+ skills and Step-by-step learning with fun, interactive games for Preschool-5th grade.
- Scholastic Learn at Home – FREE – Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers. Just find your grade level and let the learning begin!
- Sylvan Nation – Sylvan Nation is a free website that’s been specially created for parents, grandparents and guardians who want to help their kids succeed in school. Sylvan Nation is your place to get helpful academic ideas (articles, tips, videos, activities), so you can help your child feel confident in school. It’s open to everyone. You don’t have to be a Sylvan parent.
- Starfall.com– A free public service to teach children to read. Since then it has expanded to include language arts and mathematics for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, and third grade. Starfall’s emphasis on phonemic awareness, systematic sequential phonics, and common sight words in conjunction with audiovisual interactivity has proven effective in teaching emergent readers. Starfall activities are research-based and align with Individual and Common Core State Standards in English language arts and mathematics.
- GoNoodle– Engages 14 million kids every month with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. Available for free at school, home, and everywhere kids are!
- Raz-Kids – The award-winning website where K-5 students go to read — anytime, anywhere!